Sunday, July 8, 2012

By the Light....

I had these lamp shades for a few years. What attracted me to them was, the shape, it just looked like a "mad hatter", to me! This color also served me well for those years. But as we all know, when you start to change one thing, its a domino affect.


I found this piece of sample fabric at goodwill, actually that's where the shades came from , also. It was the PERFECT shade that I wanted to go with in our bedroom.


So, as you can see, I'm a very impatient girl. I took the shade, laid the fabric out, basically , made a template, from the shade. Oh, OK, I didn't iron the fabric, I didn't cut out any pattern! Fine...I laid it on top of the fabric and cut. Then I hot glued the fabric edges over the bottom and top. Then I took the same roping that was on the old one (pulled it off with the help of a razor blade), and  more hot glue to hold it down, and hide the rough edges.


Now just a hint of blush pink....This is where I re covered my letter
"C" pillow, in a previous post...

I redid two lamp shades,  and I just cut the material and tied a bow.I was going to sew, the edge of the little bow, but after I put it on, I liked the look. I ran , OK walked to my stash of old jewelry, and I had two pins, they don't match, but they complement each other very well. And that is the lazy girls idea of making a lampshade! This whole thing was under $6.00, that includes the lampshades that I purchased two or three years ago.....from Goodwill..
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment