Friday, February 24, 2012

The Prince and his Pack-n-Play






This is our newest addition to our family, our grandson,  Riggs James. He was born to our oldest son, Craig and Tiffany, in August of 2011. He joined his big brother, Jackson, who loves his little brother to the ends of the earth!
You are probably asking yourself ,why there is a picture of Riggs on Johnnycake Junk  Blog...(besides I've been dying to post his picture)....

And what does this have to do with it all? Well as most of you know, someone with little time, not enough sleep, and too many obligations, needs to make a slipcover for a Pack-n-Play. My sister, Kylan picked this up for me, at her local thrift store...I think $35.00ish? Anyway, when I got it home, I wasn't crazy about the color of it, but I'm stuck with it right? That's what I thought. One night after I put Riggs down (he spends a couple nights a week with us, because his mom graduated from Nursing school while is was pregnant with him...yea Tiffany!!...and now works nights)...it just came to me!! I don't have to live with an unattracvite crib! And Riggs doesn't DESERVE to sleep in something that just doesn't go with anything. He needs something as beautiful ,and calm and peaceful as he is...So...

What do you think? Prince Rigg's new Pack n Play...
Of coarse, off to GW I went, and on my first trip after my idea came to me, I found the perfect sheet set.It was a full size fitted sheet that I draped over the larger ends of the PnP.
This is the view looking down in to it. I used safety pins to hold it,.... while I thought.... I didn't really have a plan, or a pattern...does anyone really go to the trouble of thinking or planning something out? That  seems really time consuming to me, and a BIG waste of time!!UUMMM, maybe that explains a lot about me..lol! Anyhow...I did place the "fold up",or the bottom, part of the crib over the sheet , so that would secure the fitted sheet in place.

Then I took the flat part of the sheet, folded it in half and cut it , as shown. I then just took the sheet, sewed the long ends together, so I had one long continous piece of fabric. After I gathered it with ...Oh who am I kidding, I gathered it up in my hand, pinning it to the fitted sheet, and with a few adjustments with the pinning, sewing on the wrong side, so you couldn't see seems. No it's not perfect, but it took me an hour and a half and $3.00 total at GW! So for under $40.00 dollors, I have a "crib" I can move anywhere, and if it gets dirty, I can throw it in the washing machine. I picked this color, because it will work in ANY room of our home. And I'm quite sure my little Price Riggs will sleep more peacefully in his Pack-n-Play..OK, again, big laugh,  I'LL sleep better, now that it's not ugly (no offivsie to Pack-n-Play's across America!)...Let me know what you think...
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment