Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bree's Shower



On February 25, 2013, I was honored to open our home for our future daughter in law, Tiffany's sister, Bree for her wedding shower. The event was given, by Tiffany and her sister, Sam, and their mother, Tina.
The picture above, is where I placed Bree, so that she was the center of attention. I elevated her, by building a little platform, so that guests, even sitting in the Dining Room (that is straight in front of her), could see her and her gifts. I just covered the make shift stage with a white sheet.

I ran white Christmas lights, behind the curtain panels, for a little drama. 

Of coarse, she needed her own reserved seat!
The white round balls were a find at a craft store for a dollar each on close out.
I took, thin white ribbon, that was also on close out, and cut white tulle in strips , and just tied them to the ribbon. I saw them in Hobby Lobby, I believe for ten dollars each, couldn't make myself pay that.....





The next few pictures are of the scene stealing ,silver candelabras that I rented from, a wonderful friend, who owns , Seven Chairs Catering, in a nearby town.
I was going to put the usual tall white tapers, in them.....nah....that's what everyone excepted. So, I took some of the tulle I had leftover, and draped them over the arms, along, with some pearl garland from Christmas, and topped them off with another Pom-Pom.




The gift table was located to the left of the bride to be.

And to keep things consistent, more lights behind the curtains, at the gift table.


A vintage silk bedspread, was the topper to the table . I then, took some of my vintage, bling-y pins, and dressed it up a little.


All the furniture, was draped in white. All the folding chairs, were dressed in white sheets, and pillow cases. Simply laid across the chair, and tied in the back.



The stairs were dressed in white organza fabric from Goodwill, and banister, dripped with more white lights.

I found these, perfect shade of pink, silk curtains, at a garage sale, this past summer. I didn't know what I'd need them for, but glad I bought them, the were a wonderful back drop to the Dining Room.

A few more pink and white things...


The Breakfast Nook is where we placed all the desserts, the table is directly under this chandelier. I made these pink Pom-Poms also. It looked darn cute, if I don't say so, myself. Then, I remembered, I had these pink feathers.




The drink station, is a little empty right now. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures, before the event..lol. Some of these balls, where a different color. Don't let that stop you, I just painted them, white and pink to match.


And these were made from paper in the scrap book department. It took two pieces of paper for each side, and then I hot glued them together. I was told that Bree liked things on the bling side, so I took, some more, vintage jewels and placed them in the middle of my fan.


And...by now, I've learned, post a sign where the little girls room is....

I just added some pink "flowers" to the Powder Room, with a LOVE sign that I purchased at a Goodwill Store for two dollars, simple but elegant.

This whole shower, was done with things that I already had, or had just purchased for a few dollars. The thing, that I think, as I have said, over and over again, is to be consistent. The pink and white color was used through out the whole shower. It was the same pink and white paper, used through out. The white lights were present everywhere.

You don't need a lot of money to have a beautiful party. I little time, some thought, and a little elbow grease.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely arrangement for a bridal shower. Wonderful ideas! Always love to see your pictures and neat ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete