Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Shoe Fits




SO....I was visiting my sister, Kylan, who lives about two hours away....and what should I see in my niece, Ellison's bedroom for Valentine's Day? A shoe covered all over with  petals from a flower !!! HAD to have one!!  Ya, well she'd purchased it from Home Goods, six weeks prior to my visit. Do you think any Home Goods Stores in four counties had any left???   NO!....Armed with a vision, I went to our local GW. Guess what I found? You know it...



That's right! A pair of Nine West pink pumps!!! I couldn't believe it, what serendipity!! Now, I personally would've love these shoes, even if I weren't looking for a Valentines project. And wait...I had passed up this cute little box with  PINK, that's right Pink roses!!  I don't think I've ever wheeled my cart so fast back to the other side of the store, I had to get  the flowers....Thank God no one else had come to the store for pink roses, and a pair of bright pink fake alligator, Nine West, size  6 1/2 heels!!!...


So all I did was rip, I mean gently remove the roses , from their stems, and used the ol' hot glue all over the front tip of the shoe. I then wondered what I should do with the rest of the shoe. The petals were just staring at me, so I hot glued them to the rest of the shoe. **Side Note** I did run out of roses...So I did have to buy (close your eyes) RETAIL  roses.. But they were 50% off at Hobby Lobby. But when I showed my best buddy Brenda the shoe, before we went into the store, I asked her if she like it...Her response was minimal at best. Upon further interrogation, she stated that they were "OK, but where are you going to wear them?" SERIOUSLY!!! She was very relied that I assured her they were a Valentine's Project!! So the total cost of my Pink Rose Shoes...Shoes...$3.00/pr (so $1.50 for the one shoe), $1.50 for the Roses and Stems, $2.50 for additional roses @Hobby Lobby=$5.50...The time I spent with my sister and bestie....priceless...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment