Thursday, July 26, 2012

Christmas in July...2009

Yes, I know, it's not Christmas, but, some people have asked why I didn't post any Christmas pictures last year. The truth is, by the time, I got done decorating, in between watching our grandson (s), and hosting a few Christmas get together's  (more then a few actually), wrapping presents, well you get the picture, I was outta energy.
I thought , in January , I'd add them then....well before you knew it, it was July. So I thought , better late then never, so here's your Christmas in July! The twist here is , this is Christmas 2009....Wow! I really out did myself, that year...NOT! This picture is hilarious to me, because , in our old house, the tree touched the ceiling! Now, it looks so tiny....

Fireplace with Mr. Deer. Yes, we have three of them. No, they aren't my favorite, but my husband is, and he loves them. Two were his father's, and one of those two, they were together when he got it, and the third one my husband got. And you know, I tell people, my husband lives here too, it's just not my house...cuz if were, there would not be three Mr. Deers.....



This is the view from the back of the den, looking out into the Parlor.

One, last look into the Den....

This is the Parlor, and to the left of this picture, is the Den. All of these decorations, were collected through the previous summer, at Goodwill's, and garage sales, oh yea, and an auction or two. When we  moved here, all the decorations that I had, I could fit into 15 storage tubs!

This tree was given to me , by a one of the nicest women I know. Her name is Darlene, and she works with my mom. She said that she had strung the last set of light s on it, the year before, and thought it would like perfect in our Parlor's bay window....she was right!

All the Pointsettas were purchased at a Habitat for Humanity, for 99 cents....this is the front staircase, that's located in the Parlor. Now we are headed to the Dining Room...

OK, here s another tid bit...I had bought this tree, the year before last, for our old home. It was a pre- lit tree, oh yeah, I was in the big league then... NOW IT LOOKS TINY!! And whats with the 'greens' coming outta the pictures, it looks like the pictures, have antlers....greens ones at that!



My Santa collection....

Now we are in the kitchen, which is right off the Dining Room..


This is the back staircase....off the Kitchen



Downstairs bathroom....



The Game Room, more Santa's....

On the way up to the door.....



And the last picture of Christmas 2009....In reflection of 2009 decorations....what was I thinking? When I did this, I thought, I mean , I TRULY thought, I'd out done myself. I was actually VERY proud of myself....Little did I know that this was only the beginning.....I added about ten more storage tubs, that year....not even a drop in the bucket, to what I have now!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment