Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Candy Land Christmas -2012

The Game Room is the first room you see, when you enter our home. Most of the house has been transformed over the summer...from reds,greens,and golds to blues, pinks and mint...ish.
I'm not going to explain  a lot. If you've visited my blog before, you know my MO...everything needs to be different every year . Everything I collect, is from Goodwill, garage sales, even the side of the road....I hope you enjoy the tour of our home. Stop back, I'll be adding a different room each day!






This is the drink station, it's between the Game Room, and the Kitchen, right before you go up the steps, to the Media Room. Please note that since I didn't own any PINK Santa's, I spent a LOT of time painting my red Santa's pink. Some could call this a creative move, others would file it under INSANE....kinda leaning that way myself right now.....

This is a close up, of the menu stand. Our daughter, Dana drew this, in 1998. She was 7, and this was our first Christmas together. Pretty good for a seven year old huh?

This year I went for a Candy Land...ish  theme, since I went the pastel theme through out the house. Above is my version of cotton candy....I could  have put real cotton candy in the jars, but it's a pretty tall cupboard, it would have been hard to sneak candy, so I used tulle...did I spell that right?


I just wanted to show a few close ups, it doesn't matter what color you chose, or theme, but be CONSISTENT!!  If you decorate something, and you are  unsure of yourself : WALK AWAY FROM IT~ sometimes, you just need to let it be, and the answer will pop into your mind. Maybe it doesn't need tweaked at all, maybe, it needs something added or taken away. Just trust YOUR insticts, after all, it's YOUR house, and YOUR the one that needs to love it! If I had a dollor for everytime I heard, "Are you sure you want to use THAT color," or "I'm thinking that's not going to look right"...I'd  have enough money to be paying someone to write this blog for me right now!!

These colors for the most part are from the lightest  of pinks to the deepest blues, and all greens in between are carried  through  out the house. What do you think? Let me know!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment