Monday, July 2, 2012

One Parlor -Four Looks

Exactly one year ago, this is how our Parlor looked. I loved it last summer, but, that was last summer....



This is Christmas 2011....yep, liked this too....

This is the first of the year, 2012.Same furnature, curtains and diplays always change with the seasons....wonder how many years I have left in me, to do all this re arranging?




I knew this, when I did it...Little desk and chair, and then we have a HUGE chair, and a TALL lamp...I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway....Parlor, I'm sorry. The chair's  been sold, and the lamp has a new home, in another room in the house.


And finally , Summer 2012. I bought the love seats from an aunt of mine. Aunt Pat was moving west, and I'd been in love , and I do mean love, with these love seats since I was a child. When I think back about an exact moment that I became wrapped in the world of design, it was the moment, that I saw these beautiful love seats, sitting in the formal livingroom of my aunt and uncles home. From that second on, I knew I loved design, I didn't know the word, but I knew that I loved going to her house, and studying everything she did....So, I do believe that these  two perfect loveseats were meant to be with me....

And that sofa, is the same checked green sofa that has held a spot in the Parlor, for over a year now. She's been checkered, flowered, and now , well just perfect, for the time being anyway!


Its all in the details, ladies. And weather your details, last ten months or ten years, make them count. And I know I'm not the only one out here, that changes curtains, slipcovers , and displays around every three or four months, let me know how often you change things up at your house!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment