Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Christmas ..2012...Master Bedroom

OK, why didn't I take a picture of the whole room? Who knows...anyway... this is the tree I did for our bedroom. I kinda already had a crown thing, theme, whatever you want to call it going on before Christmas. So I just went with it. The pink balls (as of MOST of the rest of them in the house), I spray painted and glittered. I found the pearl garland at a garage sale. And the big, bold ornaments, I purchased on clearance a few years back, at Target. I LOVE them, but had used them in two other room, the previous years, so I brought them up here!

Now look closely....I put my old costume jewelry on the tree .

 And I had a few crowns laying around.....
 The flat pink crowns were gold at the end of the year clearance sale, and I painted them...pink!
 And then we have the feathers....they speak for themselves don't they?....I just thought they were fun!
 OK, the big "crown" used to be a waste basket.My girlfriend and I were doing are usual shopping(at Goodwill),and I spotted it, out of the corner of my eye. But she picked it up....darn...as I come closer , she puts it down.."not interested?" , I ask her...NOPE say replies....YEA! Thank you Kim! I saw a crown   right away, didn't know where I was going to put it, but saw it. Came home, some muscle and some wire clippers later...she was a CROWN! Then to make sure everyone, knew that's what it was, some more costume jewelry pinned to the top and bottom made it compete!



I saw this in a shop,before Christmas,and when I say before, I mean six days before Christmas. My Mom , and her bestie, Helen, and I were out shopping.....anyway, I loved it, and told my mom's friend, Helen, to tell my husband, that 's what I wanted for Christmas...she told my Mom instead, and my parents got this for me for Christmas....I'm in love I must say! Oh, and Mom got me the crown that sit on him.

An this is my hubby's, side of the bed. I'm showing this for a few reasons. One, do you see that we both have pink roses, on our night stands? Two, how bout the "pines" I stuck in both of ours? The pines, just give it a lil punch of Christmas,and the pink connects, with the other pinks  in the room. Moving on, third, no my husband didn't say anything about the pink feathers, a chuckle with a comment as to something, like, "only you".....does that ever happen to you?  If so, I think we are pretty darn lucky to have men in our lives, that put up with all of our decorating, re-doing, painting , glitter-ing, moving around, hauling, junking, etc. Thank you to all the husbands out there, that are happy to let their wife's , be as creative as they can be!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment